October 26, 2020
Learn about secondary regional programs that empower students to explore their interests
Starting Oct. 26, Peel families are invited to learn about the Peel District School Board's secondary Regional Learning Choices Programs (RLCP) through webinars and videos. Secondary regional programs empower students by providing them with opportunities to develop and explore skills in a particular area of interest. Applications for the 2021-22 school year open on Nov. 9, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. and will close on Nov. 23, 2020 at 3 p.m.
The Peel board offers 11 different secondary regional programs across Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon for students starting grade 9 in the 2021-22 school year. To learn more about each program, families are encouraged to watch the video presentations and attend the webinars for the program of choice and their corresponding site.
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Cawthra Park SS (south of the 401) - Video
- Mayfield SS (north of the 401) - Video
- Graphic and Design Management
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Erindale SS - Video
- Online session: Nov. 3, 2020, 7 to 8 p.m. - Join the session
- Harold M. Brathwaite SS - Video
- Glenforest SS - Video
- Turner Fenton SS - Video
- International Business and Technology (IBT)
- International and Executive Leadership Academy
- Regional Skilled Trades
- West Credit SS (south of the 401) - Video
- Judith Nyman SS (north of the 401) - Video
- Regional Sports
- Applewood Heights SS - Video
- Transportation Engineering and Technology
Some regional programs are offered at multiple schools. Students will be directed to the regional program site available in their boundary, based on home address.Financial assistance is available
Financial supports are available for families who are interested in applying for Regional Learning Choices Programs. For help with the $40 application fee, please contact your current school principal. Non-Peel board students should contact the RLCP principal. For assistance with program fees, please contact the principal at the RLCP school after you've been accepted.
To learn about each secondary regional program, applications and available supports, visit www.peelschools.org/regionalprograms.