During the month of June, Peel District School Board students/families will have the opportunity to safely retrieve personal items from their schools and clean out their lockers. Shortly, schools will communicate with families directly about the school's specific retrieval process, including the dates and times when students/families should arrive to school.
The health and safety of students and staff is a top priority. Prior to arriving to the school, each individual is required to complete the Government of Ontario's self-assessment. If the self-assessment directs you to stay at home and monitor your health or to get tested for COVID-19, please do not come to the school. Alternative arrangements can be made by emailing the school to access your personal items.
Guidelines for retrieving your personal items
The board has worked closely with Peel Public Health to ensure belongings can be retrieved and that lockers can be emptied safely. Staff will be on-site to supervise and to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
Each individual arriving at the school will be required to comply with the following:
- ONLY one individual permitted: Only one individual will be permitted to retrieve student belongings, except in extenuating circumstances. Please do not bring friends or family members with you.
- Bring your own personal protective equipment: If possible, it is recommended that individuals bring their own personal protective equipment, including non-medical masks.
- Hand sanitizer stations: Hand sanitizer stations will be available and individuals will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the building.
- Time allocated: Each individual will be allocated a maximum of 15 minutes to retrieve their items. Minimize the time you spend in the building and the areas you visit by gathering your materials and exiting the building immediately.
- Maintain physical distance: Peel Public Health's physical distancing guidelines must be followed at all times, both inside and outside of the school, including the parking lot. This means individuals will need to maintain a distance of at least six feet (two metres) from others at all times.
- No social interactions: Do not engage in any social interaction while you are in the building. The purpose of this visit is to get your items and exit immediately.
- No access to school areas: Please note that there will be no access to washrooms or water fountains. Access to school fields, playgrounds and facilities remains closed.
Families will be required to adhere to additional guidelines outlined by the school, including check-in and check-out instructions, and how to retrieve items from classrooms. Prior to arriving to the school, families are requested to follow the retrieval instructions that will be sent by schools directly to families shortly.
Visit www.peelschools.org/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information related to school/worksite closures, distance learning resources, mental health and community supports, and regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note that this notice has been translated to the following languages: