The Psychology Department at the Peel District School Board is hosting its 32nd annual School Psychology Conference on May 5, 2020, beginning at 8 a.m. at The Living Arts Centre in Mississauga. Peel families, staff and community members will hear from Dr. Brooks, clinical psychologist on the faculty of Harvard Medical School, about different theories
of mindset as they apply to schools,
offering realistic and practical Interventions for nurturing intrinsic motivation, learning, responsibility, self-discipline, caring,
and resilience while lessening anger and seeming resistance in students.
Participants will learn:
- different theories of mindset with a focus on those that include social-emotional and relationship variables;
- the components of the mindset of educators and other school professionals who are effective in working with students;
- a strength-based approach that includes identifying and reinforcing each student's 'islands of competence';
- a theory of intrinsic motivation; and
- specific strategies for nurturing motivation, learning, responsibility, self-discipline, and resilience in students.
The event is open to all parents/guardians, students, community members and staff. Please note that spots are limited. To register, please visit http://www.peelschools.org/staff/conferences.