Today, in a news release, the Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation (OSSTF) announced one-day strikes in some Ontario school boards on Jan. 15, 2020. Peel District School Board schools are NOT impacted by this potential strike. All Peel secondary schools will be open to students on Jan. 15.
OSSTF announced that their members in these boards will be on a one-day strik e on Jan. 15:
- Keewatin-Patricia District School Board
- District School Board Ontario North East
- Moose Factory Island District Area School Board
- James Bay Lowlands Secondary School Board
- Rainbow District School Board
- Bluewater District School Board
- Upper Grand District School Board
- Wellington Catholic District School Board
- Durham District School Board
- Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board
- Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board
- Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- Upper Canada District School Board
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique des Grandes Rivières
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
- Provincial Schools Authority
In addition, OSSTF-represented teachers and staff in the following French Catholic and French public school boards will also be on strike on Jan. 15: Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l'Ontario, Conseil scolaire catholique du Nouvel-Ontario, Conseil scolaire Viamonde, Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir, Conseil des écoles publiques de l'Est de l'Ontario and Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est.
Again, Peel District School Board OSSTF members will not be engaged in a full withdrawal of service on Jan. 15. OSSTF members will, however, be continuing their current job action, including information pickets.
Thank you for your ongoing understanding during these challenging times.