OSSTF announces one-day strikes in SOME Ontario school boards on Dec. 11
All Peel District School Board schools will be open to students on Dec. 11
The Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation (OSSTF) has announced that some of their members will be engaged in a one-day strike on Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, unless progress is made at the central bargaining table. This one-day strike will affect SOME school boards—NOT the Peel District School Board—next week.
All Peel board schools will be open to students on Dec. 11.
OSSTF announced that their members in these boards will be on a one-day strike on Dec. 11:
- Toronto District School Board
- Simcoe County District School Board
- Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- Grand Erie District School Board
- Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board
- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- Near North District School Board
- Rainy River District School Board
- Trillium Lakelands District School Board
In addition, OSSTF-represented teachers and staff in the French Catholic and French public school boards that serve Toronto and most of the Greater Golden Horseshoe — Conseil Scolaire Viamonde and Conseil scolaire de district catholique MonAvenir, will also be on strike on Dec. 11.
Again, Peel District School Board OSSTF members will not be engaged in a full withdrawal of service on Dec. 11. OSSTF members will, however, be continuing their current job action, including information pickets.
Thank you for your ongoing understanding during these challenging times.