Take your ESL AQ with the Peel District School Board this Winter (Register before December 20, 2019)
The Peel Board launched the first ever STEP (Steps to English Proficiency) app and was one of the first boards in Ontario to implement the STEP framework district wide. Your instructors have current, firsthand experience and expertise in meeting the needs of multilingual learners. They will support you as you develop your confidence in supporting English language learners (ELLs) throughout the curriculum in a variety of settings.
- January 14 to April 28, 2020
- 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesdays only
- 125 hours: designed and delivered by Peel educators; combines online and face-to-face learning.
- 60 hours of face-to-face instruction.
- 40 hours of online learning.
- 25 hours for course work, including group work outside of class, reading and major assignments.
- Embeds best practices with STEP resources.
- Provides rich learning for new and experienced teachers.
- Is supportive of mainstream classroom teachers with ELLs.
- Offers high quality course content.
Costs $650 course fee; $620 for Peel Board employees.
Space is limited.
Location: H.J.A Brown Education Centre, 5650 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
Registration closes December 20, 2019