Summer Co-operative Education
|Updates: February, 2021 ~ In the interest of maintaining student and staff safety, there are currently no plans to run Peel Summer |
Co-op 2021. Should the situation change, program updates will be posted to this site and commnicated to day schools as well as via Twitter.
The Summer Co-operative Education Program allows students to earn two (2) credits by integrating course curriculum with learning at a work placement during the five-week program. Students are monitored and supported in their learning by the placement assistant administrator and co-op teachers. Students must be available to commit to the entirety of the program. There are no accommodations for vacation or other summer plans.
- gain workplace experience in a unique learning environment outside the classroom
- develop employability skills and work habits that are applicable to the workplace
- participate in hands-on learning in a safe and encouraging environment
- choose a work placement based on their interests, readiness and needs
- connect and build relationships with potential future employers
Summer Co-op is available to current Peel District School Board day school students only.
Acceptance into the Summer Co-op program will be based on the following priorities:
- Students who will have earned a minimum of 20 credits by June.
- Studentes who require their final 2 credits to graduate.
- Students who are recommended by their Guidance Counsellors as requiring an alternative learning experience in working towards their OSSD.
Co-op Pre-placement, Work Placement and Integration Days Schedule (posted January 15, 2020) and Student Calendar 2020.
Register for Summer Co-operative Education:
Submit your registration package to your Guidance Counsellor by the March deadline. The registration package includes the following:
- Summer Co-op Application Form 2020 OR Summer Co-op Application 2020 PDF Fillable Format
- an up-to-date résumé
- cover letter
- the Statement of Understanding with parents/guardians initials and signatures for the first class.
Student Handbook 2020