Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses are offered?
For course descriptions and their pre-requisites visit Chart Your Course.2. What do I need to do to obtain my High School Diploma?
To view the requirements for the Ontario secondary diploma under OSS and OSIS,
visit the Ministry of Education's website.
3. Where can I get more information about credit courses?
You can explore the pages of this site or contact us by phone, email or in person.
4. Who can attend adult credit classes?
Learners 21 years of age and older are eligible to attend day classes.
Learners 18 years of age and older are eligible to attend night classes and summer school classes.
5. When are the sessions?
There are four sessions:
Session 1: Fall (September – December)
Session 2: Winter (December – March)
Session 3: Spring (March – June)
Session 4: Summer (June/July/August - 20 classes)
6. When can I register?
Visit our registration information page.
7. How much does it cost to attend adult credit courses?
There is a $15 Activity Fee per student per session.
In addition, there is a partially refundable deposit for textbooks and novels.
- Textbook deposits are $100 each ($95 refundable) and novel deposits are $20 ($18 refundable) each.
- Payments for textbook can be made using debit, credit card or money order.
- No cash or personal cheques are accepted.
8. Where does credit night school take place?
Mississauga Campus. View a map.
Bramalea Campus. (no map available)
510 Balmoral Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 1W4
ENTRANCE: East Side of school - AEC/WWTW Entrance only
9. How can I get a transcript?
Transcripts can be ordered in advance and the cost is $10 for the first copy of a transcript, $2 for additional copies. It is the student's responsibility to forward their transcripts to the high institution they plan to attend. Please contact us to order a transcript.
10. How can I get a letter of equivalency?
If you have completed high school outside of Canada and require a Grade 12 Equivalency Letter please contact the Adult Education Centre to book an appointment with a counsellor, 905.270.6000 press 1.
This evaluation of foreign high school transcripts is issued for employment purposes only.
The cost is $75.00 payable by either debit or credit card.
You will need to bring with you to your appointment:
- Photo identification
- Original documents in English or a certified translation
- If there has been a name change since the documents have been issued, please bring supporting documentation i.e. marriage certificate, certificate of name change etc.