Randy and Helen O’Malley delegated the board regarding the naming of Janet I. McDougald Public School.
Navneet Bedi delegated the board regarding the proposed boundary change for Mount Royal Public School and the boundary for the new school on the Vales South Fairlawn site.
Donald Barber delegated the board regarding the cost of building and renaming Janet I. McDougald Public School.
Trustees approve borrowing resolution for school board expenditures
Trustee’s enacted the borrowing resolution to meet the ongoing board expenditures for the 2011-2012 fiscal year until the current revenue has been received.
Trustees approve working fund reserve transfers of 2010-11 year end
The board approved:
- a transfer of $221,700 from the Working Fund Reserve
- a transfer to a Dedicated Working Fund at August 31, 2011 to be used for:
- school and school support consumable funds in the amount of $1,626,836
- Short Term Professional Development funds in the amount of $1,303,025
- Miscellaneous operational funds in the amount of $2,137,987
- funds of $1,400,346 required to meet Peel's obligations under the Provincial Framework Agreement be transferred to a Dedicated Working Fund Reserve at August 31, 2011
- that the Dedicated Working Fund Reserves be transferred and used to offset the applicable operational costs in 2011-2012
Trustees recognized the contributions and years of service of the following staff who are retiring effective Jan. 31 unless otherwise indicated:
Arlene Apramian, teacher, retired Nov. 30, 2011
Lynn Boulianne, vice principal, will retire March 31
Lorna Boyer, office clerk, will retire Jan. 16
Iqbal Gill, teacher, will retire Feb. 24
Denis Green, school attendant, will retire Feb. 19
Mary Hurst, school attendant, retired Dec. 30, 2011
Stanislawa Kozdra, school attendant, retired Jan. 2
Kenneth Logan, teacher
Bonnie McCabe, teaching assistant, retired Jan. 9
Douglas McKeen, teacher
Christine Nightingale, teacher
Giulio Puopolo, teacher
Nicholas Rogers, teacher
Crocetta Sikorski, teacher
Elaine Topping, principal
Philip Wilson, electrician, retired Dec. 31, 2011
The next regular meeting of the board of trustees is Jan. 24, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.