Make your voice count
It's time to elect student trustees for the 2020-21 school year!
Student trustees serve an important role for the Peel District School Board. They represent the voice of students in decisions about education in Peel, and they help keep students informed about important decisions that affect them.
Being a student trustee for the Peel District School Board is a great opportunity – and a big commitment. For the 2020-21 school year, the Peel board will select two student trustees – one representing schools NORTH of Highway 401 and one representing schools SOUTH of Highway 401.
Important dates to remember
|March 23 - April 17 ||Election campaign period|
|April 21 at 8 a.m - April 22 at 11:59 p.m. |
Online voting at www.pdsb.me/StudentTrusteeVote
|April 29 at 7:30 p.m. ||Student trustees presented to the Board|
Below are the NORTH and SOUTH candidates for 2020-21 student trustee elections. To view a candidates campaign video, please click on the play icon under their picture.
North Student Trustee Candidates
Louise Arbour SS
- Improving Student Engagement, to allow every peel student to have a voice in their education.
- Decreasing the difference between schools, allowing everyone to have equal access to opportunities.
- Creating a more transparent education system, to have students know what's happening in the board.
Muhammad Hadi Jafar
Jean Augustine SS
- Promoting awareness to reduce pressure and stress caused by social media
- Promoting leadership opportunities within schools.
- Attempt to get personal finance to be a part of the curriculum.
- Develop self-advocacy skills,for students through writing programs alongside mentors.
- Learning beyond the classroom, I will encourage continuous learning by providing opportunities.
- Enhance motivation, by recognizing my peer's interests and supporting them to remain persistent.
Central Peel SS
- Creating central conferences/competitions to allow students to explore their passions and interests.
- Creating social media infrastructure to allow two-way communication between the PDSB and students.
- Providing students with mentorship tools to navigate courses and career choices.
- Provide students with opportunities to find their passions.
- Advocate for mental health and mental well-being.
- Improve education disparities.
Harold Brathwaite SS
Jean Augustine SS
- Have resources available in each and every classroom including helplines and support.
- Adding indigenous studies in our high school career. It is an asset and our duty TO GIVE SUPPORT.
- I plan on hosting live youtube streams, podcasts, and digitally through e-mails and social media.
South Student Trustee Candidates
- Promoting Mental Health and Well-being Talks - paying more attention to the stigma
- Encourage and Promote Girls in STEAM by involving more girls in workshops.
- Using UNESCOs Reducing Inequalities as an umbrella to reduce inequities faced by all students.
Stephen Lewis SS
John Fraser SS
- Promote opportunities of all interests to students, use social media platforms to inform.
- Support the special needs community in any way, meet and talk with them.
- Promote career and mental health workshop tips on having a healthy mindset.
- To consistently inform students about opportunities in the community which they can get involved in.
- To keep students informed about issues in the Peel Board which impact them.
- To lend an ear to student concerns regarding their education or how I can imporve as a trustee.
T.L. Kennedy SS
- Provide a bridge for communications between students’ voices and the board.
- Ensure all student needs are being met, providing positive mental health.
- Provide new opportunities for all students - make volunteering opportunities easy to find.
- Be your voice and representation on current issues regarding PDSB.
- Help create more board-wide opportunities.
- Offer more resources to promote better student life.
Have questions? We're here to support.
If you're looking for more information and/or require assistance, please connect with us:
School Support Officer
905-890-1010 ext. 2627
School Communications Asisstant
To learn more, check the student trustee
policy and what
becoming a trustee is all about.