What do you want to be when you grow up? It’s a question that you start hearing when you’re young, and can take a while to figure out.
To help you think about your interests and ambitions, and where they can lead, the Peel board has created a section called Making My Way:
- find information on education and work options after high school
- explore career choices and educational requirements in different sectors
- use interactive education planning tools
- learn about the courses you’ll need to reach your goals, and programs like co-op education
- view special presentations for students in grade 7 and grade 8
- take a test to help you identify what you’re all about and how you learn
For much more, check out Ontario Prospects at the Ministry of Education website. This career planning guide includes information on self-assessment, job search preparation, the labour market and post-secondary destinations.