Peel Alternative School offers an alternative program for Peel students in Grades 7 to 12 whose needs are better addressed in a smaller educational setting. The secondary programs include:
- Intermediate Alternative program – for Grade 9 and 10 students under 16
- Foundations – for Grade 9 and 10 students over 16
- Senior – for Grade 11 and 12 students over 16
- PAS Satellite sites for Grade 10-12 students over 16
- TEAM – for teen mothers
- mPLAR – for students 18 and over
- Multi-Credit Programs
- GRIT (Growth-Mindset, Resilient, Industrious, Team)
- Fit to Lead
Students in the Intermediate Alternative program must attend school every day. Students in the Foundations, Senior and PAS Satellite site programs must attend school two hours/week per course.
Peel Alternative School students have learning needs which are not met in a regular secondary school. Courses offered vary based upon enrolment, student interest and facilities.
The goal for most students enrolled at Peel Alternative School is reintegration within a regular secondary school. Referral to Peel Alternative School is done through a student's home school.