Our mission at Cherrytree Public School is, our learning community is committed to ensuring that all students become educated, self-directed and productive members of society.
Working with parents in the community, together we will promote children's intellectual, social, emotional, creative and physical development. We recognize and value individual differences in students and strive to provide for their diverse learning needs.
As part of Cherrytree’s vision, we are committed:
• to involving parents, students, staff and community in the education of our students,
• to providing an environment that teaches lifelong learning skills in a changing global community,
• to providing a safe and caring environment for learning and working;
• to promoting active and healthy living within our community, and
• to using the arts to reach high academic standards.
Cherrytree values include:
• a climate of trust between staff, students and community,
• relationships that are accepting of others and their differences,
• cooperation between staff, students and community,
• an enthusiastic and positive approach to lifelong learning, and
• respectful of all adults, students and community members.
Each month our students and staff focus on a different Peel board character attribute in our classrooms and around the school, promoting our positive school climate. Students and staff are engaged in many activities throughout the month to promote these character attributes and a positive approach toward others. Our Cherrytree "Students of the Month" are recognized at our monthly assembly.