Alton Public School is located in the most northwest area of the school board, close to the town of Orangeville, in the historic town of Alton. It is one of the few, remaining original school houses that is still in operation in the country. The school was built in the year 1873-1874 with an addition built in 1908. There are currently 140 students attending the school. Alton services students from kindergarten to grade six and feeds into Caledon Central Public School for grades seven and eight.
Alton’s mission statement is to nurture the whole child with high expectations, so that all of our students will be successful, happy and participating citizens of the 21st century. We have a strong connection to the performing arts and the nature that surrounds our school, with performing arts and environmental education vital components of our education community.
Alton has a dynamic sense of community and thus is reflected in our parent involvement. We have a very active and supportive school council and a second group of volunteers, the Tax Payers Teacher Association (T.P.T.A.) The T.P.T.A. help create a warm and inviting climate within our building and continue to put children at the center of all that they do.