French as a Second Language Advisory Committee
The Peel District School Board's French as a Second Language Advisory committee meets three to four times during the school year to provide input and feedback in an advisory capacity to the board regarding the development and implementation of French programs and initiatives.
The purpose of the Peel board's French as a Second Language Advisory Committee is to:
- act as an advisory committee to the board
- share feedback and input on the development and implementation of Core French, French Immersion and Extended French programs and initiatives
- work collaboratively with the school board to support student success in FSL programs
- develop strategies for enhancing parental engagement with FSL programs
- develop and enhance community connections related to FSL program and initiatives
Become a member
The application process is now closed
. Thank you to all parents who submitted an application.
In early April, a selection sub-committee consisting of staff and trustee members reviewed all parent applications and select representatives using the following Parent Member Selection Criteria as a guide:
- demonstrates a keen interest in public education and French as a Second Language programs
- understands the importance of parent, family and community engagement
- has experience working with French language/cultural organizations
- demonstrates advocacy and community development skills
- has a present level of involvement in the education system
- reflects the diversity of the community
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly.
If you have questions about the committee or the application process, please contact Tracy Cinnamond at 905-890-1010 ext. 2536.