On Saturday, March 15, 21 students from grades 7 to12 representing seven different schools attended the 21st Century Education & Careers Conference hosted and organized by the Department of Biomedical Communications at University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM). This event is part of Peel Science Animation Festival.
Students had the opportunity to learn:
• the basic functionality of both Cinema 4D studio and unity
• steps to creating a visualization –outline and storyboarding, animatics, modelling, organization, research and animating
• how games can be used to help improve test results by providing an incentive for students to use otherwise dull study guides
• applying new technology to 3D modelling to enhance the visualization experience by looking inside small environments such as human anatomy (leap motion controller)
• the campus and the biomedical communications program
View a student animation: http://bit.ly/1jBEDgG