October 10, 2013
Fletcher’s Meadow Secondary School welcomes George Couros Oct. 11
Fletcher’s Meadow will host a Create, Innovate and Inspire event on Oct. 11, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. George Couros, a division principal at Parkland School District, will present to 300 teachers from David Suzuki SS, Fletcher's Meadow SS and Parkholme School. Teachers will also lead and participate in a variety of workshops throughout the day.
Couros will highlight trends that are happening in education and the world, and how schools can create learning environments that are engaging for students. During his keynote, he will discuss the ability to create meaningful learning, being innovative and empowering students to have a voice and succeed long after their time in school.
Teachers will lead more than 30 workshops. Topics include:
• Creative collaboration via Web 2.0 tools
• iPad apps and iMovie for students with Special Needs
• SMART Boards in a Parkholme class
• Video in physical education and athletics
• Using technology in the math classroom
• Increasing student success in French
• Engaging science through Probeware
• Breaking down the barriers with video conferencing
Fletcher's Meadow is located at 10750 Chingacousy Rd. in Brampton.