We are seeking a Supervisor, Facility Renewal in our Maintenance Services Department. Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance and Facility Renewal, the successful applicant will analyze, coordinate, report and update the facility renewal information systems.
Responsibilities will include: managing the long term planning, budgeting and quality requirements on facility renewal projects; liaise and correspond with Controllers, Managers, Supervisors, Project Managers, Facility Managers and Finance staff utilizing multiple databases to gather, verify and validate information; work with facilities renewal users and finance staff to identify business process improvement opportunities and recommend solutions; provide support to the facility renewal users as well as training on documentation and software; create reports and provides analysis for facility renewal and capital needs assessment; gather data to complete and submit Ministry reports; liaise with the Ministry and the capital planning provider on database structures; manage and produce annual budget allocations and perform cost-benefit analyses; responsible for long term planning and budgeting of facilities renewal projects including management reporting, information flow, business practices and organizational practices.
• Relevant post secondary degree or equivalent direct experience in facilities renewal information systems
• Minimum of 5 years experience in facility renewal projects, budget allocations, asset management, process review and Ministry renewal funding reporting
• Demonstrated ability to administer specialized software including the ReCAPP® (Renewal Capital Asset Planning Process) and School Room databases
• Knowledge and experience in administering multiple building maintenance and facility renewal projects
• Knowledge of Building Construction OH&S Act/Regulations
• Advanced computer skills and experience in writing reports with data based report writing tools
• Demonstrated ability to track and report annual budgets to complete and submit Ministry reporting
• Excellent interpersonal, analytic and organizational skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy of results
• Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in training and supervising
SALARY: C5-1 (Min. $75,217 - Max. $89,475) per annum (under review)
Quote file number: ASG #08 in the subject line
Duties are to commence as soon as possible
Applications in writing must be received by the undersigned no later than 4:30 p.m., Tuesday April 9, 2013. You should allow two days for courier delivery to ensure that your application meets this deadline. Please include an up-to-date resume including your work location, residence and business telephone numbers.
Forward resumes to:
Acting Employee Relations Officer
Peel District School Board
Human Resources Department
5650 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C6
email: email@example.com as text or as an attachment in word with a .doc extension
Criminal Record Check
For the safety of students, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of any employment duties. Recent changes made by the RCMP have resulted in significant processing delays for some candidates. You may wish to start the process to obtain your criminal record check as soon as possible.
Commitment to Equity
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on religious holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.