January 2, 2013
Peel board makes Top 10 EdTech Newsmakers of the Year list
The Peel District School Board placed seventh on MindShare Learning’s Top 10 EdTech Newsmakers of the Year list for its Vision for Learning and Instructional Technology Plan. The vision includes a $7-million investment to create infrastructure to support the board’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative and boost 21st Century learning.
Key components of the learning and instructional technology plan include:
- teacher support and professional learning
- equitable access to core technology across schools
- digital learning resources available anywhere, anytime
- Internet-based (Cloud) file services for students
- enabling the use of student personal technology
- wireless access to support personal student technology
- policies and guidelines for the appropriate use of technology
- communication and collaboration tools to engage students and parents
Learn more about the board’s vision for learning and instructional technology here.