We are seeking an Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Transition Facilitator reporting to the Superintendent of Special Education Support Services through the Co-ordinator, Special Programs. The ABA Transition Facilitator will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to improve outcomes for students with special education needs transitioning to post secondary pathways.
Responsibilities will include consulting, collaborating, developing, coordinating and providing training on transition planning, employment development and experiential learning opportunities for school board staff, community agency service providers, parents and students; consult with “student centered” collaborative transition teams responsible for developing transition plans for students with special education needs (physical and/or developmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disabilities) to post secondary pathways (work, community, post secondary institutions and apprenticeships); enhance the employability of students with special education needs, assist with the assessment of the prevocational skills of student with disabilities, employment counseling, coop placement development; work with employment partners to create job opportunities and identify necessary accommodations, equipment/assistive devices and technology needs.
• Completion of a post secondary diploma or degree
• Post graduate studies or equivalent field experience in developmental disabilities and behavioural science
• Experience providing and/or facilitating adult learning and training
• Experience working with children and youth who have special education needs, in particular those who have developmental disabilities
• Training in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) principles
• Knowledge of the elementary, secondary and post-secondary education system in Ontario
• Familiarity with special education issues, particularly those relevant for children and youth with developmental disabilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the principles of Employment Counseling with a recognized community partner agency
• Experience in building effective partnerships and collaborating with community agencies/service providers, employers and post-secondary institutions
• Excellent communication, organizational and coordinating skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Record of satisfactory-on-the-job performance while employed by the Peel District School Board
SALARY: C4-1 - (Min. $62,164 - Max. $73,812) per annum – under review
Duties are to commence as soon as possible.
Quote file number: ASG #10 in the subject line
Applications in writing must be received by the undersigned no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, April 12th, 2013. You should allow two days for courier delivery to ensure that your application meets this deadline. Please include an up-to-date resume including your work location, residence and business telephone numbers.
Criminal Record Check
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of any employment duties. Recent changes made by the RCMP have resulted in significant processing delays for some candidates. You may wish to start the process to obtain your criminal record check as soon as possible.
Commitment to Equity
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on religious holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
Forward resumes to:
Acting Employee Relations Officer
Peel District School Board
Human Resources Department
5650 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C6
email: firstname.lastname@example.org as text or as an attachment in word with a .doc extension