We are seeking an Assistant Manager, Compensation and Employee Relations. Reporting to the Managers of Employee Relations and Compensation, and Human Resources (Recruitment and Retention).
Responsibilities include establishing and maintaining effective job evaluation programs for the business employee groups and employee relations for business and academic staff; include maintaining effective job evaluation/pay equity programs; provide advice and support regarding the job evaluation process to managers and employees; evaluate jobs as a member of joint evaluation committees; ensuring the consistent application of Human Resources policies and procedures; co-ordinating recruitment and staffing processes and staff documentation; wage and salary administration; liaising with Superintendents; Principals, Managers and Supervisors regarding employee relations issues; assignment to special projects as required; provide day to day supervision and directing the activities of the assigned team; developing and implementing quality and service initiatives; providing support with budget development; other related duties as assigned by the Managers of Employee Relations and Compensation, and Human Resources (Recruitment and Retention).
· University degree related to Human Resources or equivalent related education and directly related experience.
· Several years of related experience in progressively responsible positions.
· Experience working in a unionized environment strongly preferred.
· Comprehensive knowledge of collective agreements, human resources practices and processes, Board Policies and Procedures and employment related law including pay equity legislation.
· Experience in job evaluation utilizing a point factor evaluation system is essential, as is extensive experience in preparing job descriptions for a wide variety of positions.
· Experience with a joint committee job evaluation process strongly preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Demonstrated initiative, organization, planning and problem-solving skills and the ability to foster change.
· Knowledge of budget development.
· Proficiency in the MS Office Suite required.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
· Experience in supervising a team.
· Record of satisfactory-on-the-job performance while employed by the Peel District Board.
SALARY: C5-1 (Min. $75,217 – Max. $89,475) per annum (Under Review)
Quote file number: ASG #09 in the subject line
Duties are to commence as soon as possible
Applications in writing must be received by the undersigned no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 10, 2013 You should allow two days for courier delivery to ensure that your application meets this deadline. Please include an up-to-date resume including your work location, residence and business telephone numbers.
Forward resumes to:
Acting Employee Relations Officer
Peel District School Board
Human Resources Department
5650 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C6
email: email@example.com as text or as an attachment in word with a .doc extension
Criminal Record Check
For the safety of students, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of any employment duties. Recent changes made by the RCMP have resulted in significant processing delays for some candidates. You may wish to start the process to obtain your criminal record check as soon as possible.
Commitment to Equity
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on religious holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.