March Break program runs from Wed., March 14 to Sat., March 17, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Enjoy the beauty and wonder of nature as Spring blossoms. Jack Smythe Field Centre offers an exceptional family experience with a visit to its Maple Syrup Sugar Bush.
The Sugar Bush program has been established for more than 16 years and provides families with an educational activity and a hands-on experience. The program is run by Peel District School Board teachers and staff during March Break.
Families are invited to get involved as Spring comes to life in the following activities:
• help tap trees and empty sap buckets
• sample some freshly made maple syrup
• hike along our trails and feed the friendly chickadees by hand
• learn how pioneers collected and produced syrup compared to modern-day operations
• visit the sugar shack where the sap boils and clouds of sweet smelling steam billow out of the chimney
The cost is $5/adult and $4/child 12 and under. Lunch will be available for purchase. It will include: hot chocolate, cookies and hot dogs for you to roast over an open fire.
Directions to Jack Smythe Field Centre, 14592 Winston Churchill Blvd., Terra Cotta:
North on Mississauga Road, left on King Street (you will see Credit View Public School on your left), right on Winston Churchill Boulevard (you must pass Terra Cotta Conservation Area on your left) and proceed to the top of the hill and left into the Jack Smythe site.
For more information, please contact the Jack Smythe Field Centre at 1-905-877-7771.