We are seeking a Planning Assistant in the Planning and Accommodation Support Services Department reporting to the Senior Planner. The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the Department's Geographic Information Systems and mapping requirements; production of the Directions maps, and student yield factors; assisting with the production of the Annual Planning Document, enrolment projections and school attendance boundary recommendations.
• Post secondary education in urban and regional planning or a related discipline
• Minimum 2 years GIS experience in a Planning related field
• Experience using and maintaining current GIS software applications and spatial data
• Experience collecting and analyzing data and presenting statistical patterns and outcomes
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are necessary to deal effectively with staff, Board employees and general public
• Working knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software packages
(i.e. ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Oracle, SIS etc.)
• Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy are highly important in the delivery of job duties
• Record of satisfactory-on-the-job performance while employed by the Peel District School Board.
Salary: C4-1 (Min. $62,164 – Max. $73,812) per annum
Duties are to commence as soon as possible.
Applications in writing must be received by the undersigned no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, January 30, 2013. You should allow two days for courier delivery to ensure that your application meets this deadline. Please include an up-to-date resume including your work location, residence and business telephone numbers, vacation plans and vacation telephone numbers.
Quote file number: ASG #05 in the subject line
Forward resumes to:
Acting Employee Relations Officer
Human Resources Support Services
email: email@example.com as text or as an attachment in word with a .doc extension
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates.
Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We take pride in our fair hiring practices. The board will make any necessary accommodation to assist a person with disabilities in applying for a position. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodations due to a disability, please inform the person setting up the interview.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of any employment duties. Recent changes made by the RCMP have resulted in significant processing delays for some candidates. You may wish to start the process to obtain your criminal record check as soon as possible.