The Peel District School Board has added new Regional Learning Choices Programs and more locations for existing programs. Information nights for new programs and all existing programs start this fall, with registration deadlines happening through the fall and winter. Programs are available for students who will start grade 6, 7 and 9 in September 2013.
“There are many ways students and their families can personalize their school experiences,” says Tony Pontes, director of education. “Each of our schools offer innovative, hands-on courses designed to appeal to students’ interests, needs and abilities. We know some students are looking for more focused, specialized programs. For these students, our Regional Learning Choices Programs provide additional options.”
Students have access to the following new programs or locations:
• Advanced Placement and Strings programs at Central Peel Secondary School in Brampton
• International Business and Technology at Lisgar Middle School and Meadowvale Secondary School in Mississauga and Williams Parkway Sr. Public School in Brampton
• International Executive and Leadership Academy at TL Kennedy Secondary School in Mississauga (for 2013 the program is only open to students who live in the TL Kennedy boundary)
• SciTech at Centennial Sr. Public School in Brampton
• Sports at Applewood Heights Secondary School in Mississauga (for 2013 the program is only open to students who live in the Applewood Heights boundary)
Other programs include:
• International Baccalaureate
• Truck and Coach
For more information about the programs, including locations, descriptions, and information night dates and times, visit www.peelschools.org/parents/programs.
Ryah Kazman, Communications Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-890-1010 ext. 2725