The Peel District School Board Payroll and Benefits Manager will report to the Controller of Finance, the successful applicant will provide leadership and management of the Payroll and Benefits departments to ensure efficient and effective operations.
Responsibilities include: set the strategic direction of the two departments; lead contact and liaison between Payroll, Benefits and the Human Resources and Learning Technology Support Services departments; establish goals for the two departments and ensure that goals are monitored; provide leadership, mentoring, supervision and oversight of all payroll and benefits functions, staffing and workflow processes; review and monitor effectiveness of all department processes and procedures with Supervisors; identify and implement process improvement efficiencies; address and advocate Finance department needs with respect to HR/Payroll/Benefits Information System; ensure a continuum of service to employees from Human Resources to Payroll and Benefits; ensure financial accountability for the Payroll and Benefits departments; provide costing for budget purposes for salary and benefits and support to other departments within Finance Support Services, in terms of salary and benefits costings; and other related duties as assigned.
• University degree in Business or Human Resources related degree
• Professional designation as a CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) or CEBS (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist), or Certification under the Canadian Payroll Association and completion of third level in a professional Accounting designation program (CA, CMA, CGA)
• Seven or more years of related experience in progressively responsible positions with expert knowledge of HRIS/Payroll/Benefits systems, workflow processes, procedures and standards
• Demonstrated understanding of the education sector as it relates to the business operations of payroll, benefits and thorough understanding of pensions issues
• Solid working knowledge of benefit plan administration and payroll processes, insurance industry and ASO processes
• Excellent organizational, analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills
• Excellent leadership, supervisory, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work under high pressure and tight timelines
SALARY: D6-1 (Min $88,550 - Max $105,507) per annum (Under Review)
Duties are to commence as soon as possible.
Quote file number: ASG #26 in the subject line
Applications in writing must be received by the undersigned no later than 4:30 p.m. Thursday, August 29, 2013. You should allow two days for courier delivery to ensure that your application meets this deadline. Please include an up-to-date resume including your work location, residence and business telephone numbers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing candidates, whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
This job ad is available in alternate formats upon request.
Forward resumes to:
Employee Relations Officer
Peel District School Board
Human Resources Department
5650 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C6
email: email@example.com as text or as an attachment in word with a .doc extension