Position: Plumber-Acting (Contract to September 30, 2013)
The successful applicant will provide mechanical maintenance and installation services in schools under the direction of the Mechanical Supervisor at the Maintenance Services Department, North or South Shop. The hours of work are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Must have a good working knowledge of mechanical equipment as it applies to plumbing and heating ventilating systems. The duties will include, but are not limited to, domestic hot/cold water systems, storm/sanitary waste systems, storage tanks, heating lines, wet heat radiation, gas service, irrigation systems and septic systems, and other related duties as assigned.
• Proof of Apprenticeship in Ontario or equivalent.
• Valid Certificate of Qualification as a Plumber in compliance with The Ministry of Colleges and Universities of Ontario.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a valid Gas Fitter 2 License, Back Flow Prevention Certificate and Well Water Certificate.
• Must have good working knowledge of service and repairs.
• Several years related experience with a working knowledge of various construction trades and mechanical/electrical systems.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Glass G), and a recent driver's abstract confirming a safe driving record.
• Ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
• Working knowledge of computer systems.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written, to work effectively with Board personnel and outside agencies.
• Record of satisfactory on-the-job performance.
Duties are to commence as soon as possible.
Salary Range: $73,594 per annum
Deadline for applications: no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, April 19, 2013.
Quote file number: 2013-0000045
Forward resumes and applicable licenses to:
Employee Relations Officer
Peel District School Board
Human Resources Department
5650 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5R 1C6
email: email@example.com as text or as an attachment in word with a .doc extension
Criminal Record Check:
For the safety of students, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of any employment duties. Recent changes made by the RCMP have resulted in significant processing delays for some candidates. You may wish to start the process to obtain your criminal record check as soon as possible.
Commitment to Equity:
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on religious holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
We regret that we are only able to contact those candidates whom we will interview and we cannot keep resumes on file for future positions.