Peel's online application centre for teachers, teaching assistants, secretarial/clerical, adult education and continuing education positions
The Peel District School Board hires all teachers, teaching assistants and secretarial/clerical staff directly via the Internet – Virtually in Peel – VIP for short. It's free of charge and anyone interested in any of these positions with the Peel board can register.
Here are the top five reasons why you should register with VIP:
- When you register, you'll receive exclusive tips and information to help you prepare for a job in the Peel District School Board. Examples of this information will include tips on preparing for an interview and insights about what principals look for when hiring staff.
- Registering allows you to develop your online resume. You can take your time and complete the resume sections when it's convenient for you—you decide when it's finished and ready to view. And you can update it or take it off-line any time you want.
- Once you register, you'll be able to apply for jobs posted on VIP. You can view jobs without registering, but you will only be able to apply if you register.
- We'll keep you up-to-date with our hiring timelines.
- When you register, you become a subscriber. Your personal information is confidential unless you decide to put your resume online or to apply for a job. Even when you put your resume online or apply to a job, only authorized Peel District School Board staff (such as principals or human resources staff) will have access to your information. And you can unsubscribe at any time.
Becoming a VIP subscriber has real benefits for anyone interested in teaching in the Peel board. Register now and start taking advantage of the benefits right away!
Commitment to equity
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on religious holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
Criminal Record Check
For the safety of students, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of any employment duties. Recent changes made by the RCMP have resulted in significant processing delays for some candidates. You may wish to start the process to obtain your criminal record check as soon as possible.