High School and Beyond
Making My Way: Success for All Students helps students to achieve their goals
Making My Way: Success for All Students describes the Peel District School Board programs that helps all students graduate from high school prepared for the post secondary destination(s) of their choice. These programs address the four main areas of learning—Literacy, Mathematical Literacy, Program Pathways and Community, Culture and Caring.
Making My Way: Success for All Students is based on the following beliefs:
- all students can be successful
- success comes in many forms
- all secondary programs and post secondary destinations have value and can lead to success
- post secondary destinations include: apprenticeship, college, independent living, university, workplace.
- there are many routes or ‘pathways’ to reach these destinations
- student should set goals and choose pathways that reflect their individual interests, abilities and needs
- all students should graduate from high school with a clear plan, the ability to implement the plan and adjust the plan as required
More information is available in English at www.makingmyway.ca.