Summer Co-operative Education
The Summer Co-operative Education Program allows students to earn two (2) credits by integrating course curriculum with learning at a work placement during the five-week program. Students are monitored and supported in their learning by the placement assistant administrator and co-op teachers. Students must be available to commit to the entirety of the program. There are no accommodations for vacation or other summer plans.
- gain workplace experience in a unique learning environment outside the classroom
- develop employability skills and work habits that are applicable to the workplace
- participate in hands-on learning in a safe and encouraging environment
- choose a work placement based on their interests, readiness and needs
- connect and build relationships with potential future employers
Summer Co-op is available to current Peel District School Board day school students only.
Click here for Co-op Education Information including important dates, Pre-Placement and Integration Day Schedule (revised from Summertime 2019 Brochure) and more.
Register for Summer Co-operative Education:
Submit your registration package to your Guidance Counsellor by the March deadline. The registration package includes the following: