Summer School Co-operative Education
The Summer School Co-operative Education Program (co-op) allows students to earn credits by integrating course curriculum with learning at a work placement. Students can earn 2 credits in the approximately 5 weeks in summer. Students are monitored and supported in their learning by the placement assistant administrator and co-op teachers.
Benefits to students:
- gain workplace experience in a unique learning environment outside the classroom
- develop employability skills and work habits that are applicable to the workplace
- participate in hands-on learning in a safe and encouraging environment
- choose a work placement based on their interests, readiness and needs
- connect and build relationships with potential future employers
Summer School Co-op is available to current Peel day school students only.
Register for Summer School Co-operative Education:
- Login to Student Web on the school website
- Select Summer School on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on Y3 courses
- Under the ART tab, click on COP 2XC
- Click on Register
- Be sure to submit the Career Exploration Application (see below) along with your updated résumé and cover letter to your Guidance Counsellor by the March 9th deadline.
Co-op Flyer 2017
Registration Memo to Peel Guidance Counsellors
Career Exploration Application
Statement of Understanding