An alternative way to earn credits
Students 16 to 20-years-old are eligible forPASonline and will earn high school credits for the courses they take. Other students may be able to take online courses through Continuing Education.
To succeed in this learning environment, students should be self-motivated and able to manage their time to complete work, have reasonable computer skills, and be able to express themselves clearly in writing.
Tips for parents
- Be directly involved in the daily supervision of your teen’s time, and help them learn time management.
- Establish an appropriate computer workstation that is semi-private and has reliable internet access.
- Provide a private workstation where your teen can work independently for tests, midterms and exams.
- Follow up with your teen about announcements and upcoming due dates—this information is always available through the Insight Window of our system, where you can have your own login to your teen’s course(s).
- Check to ensure that your teen is only accessing the online course and related resources when they are supposed to be doing that work.
- Maintain communication with your teen's teacher through the online course email to ask questions or resolve issues.