Through the International Languages Program, students can develop oral communication, reading and writing skills in languages other than English or French. At the secondary school level, students can earn up to three (3) credits for the successful completion of International Languages courses.
IL PD Schedule - no classes at participating sites on the specific PD date
|Date||Host Site||Participating IL Sites|
|November 5||Applewood Heights|
|November 12||Brampton Centennial|
|November 19||Sandalwood Heights|
|December 10||John Fraser|
Registration (Find out how to register.)
- John Fraser S.S. elementary and secondary Mandarin lL location has reached capacity and registration is closed. Simplified Mandarin is available at Stephen Lewis S.S., Thomas Street M.S. and Port Credit S.S. and registration remains open.
- Fletcher's Meadow S.S. elementary and secondary Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil and Urdu location has reached capacity and registration is closed. These languages are offered at a number of other sites in Brampton and Mississauga.
Elementary classes (Kindergarten to grade 8): June 9, 2016 - May 19, 2017
Secondary classes (Grades 9/10 to 12): June 9, 2016 - October 1, 2016
Course dates and times
- All classes run from Saturday, September 17, 2016 to Saturday, June 10, 2017.
- Elementary classes run from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Secondary classes run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- No classes are scheduled for holiday long weekends or school breaks. For a listing of non-school days, please click on this link: Non school days 2016-2017
- Professional Development days are provided for instructors and teachers. There are no classes on PD days. A schedule will be provided by your site administrator.
Languages and Locations
What languages are offered at which locations? Locations and Languages
Grades and Ages
What grade will my child be in? Grades and Ages 2016-2017
What should I bring on my first day of classes?
SK-grade 8 students who currently attend a Peel DSB day school should bring a copy of the last day school report card. JK students should bring proof of age (e.g., a copy of the birth certificate or passport) to be handed in to the teacher or at the office.
All students who attend schools other than Peel DSB day schools (e.g., Dufferin-Peel, neighbouring school boards or private schools) MUST BRING proof of address and age.
Students enrolled in CU0 and DU0 credit classes MUST BRING a transcript as proof of pre-requisite for the course. CU0 (grade 11) students MUST HAVE the grade 10 BD0 pre-requisite and DU0 (grade 12) students must have the grade 11 CU0 pre-requisite.
VISA students are required to pay $1500.00 per credit course.
100 Elm Drive West, Room 116
Adult Education Centre South
Mississauga, ON L5B 1L9
Telephone 905-270-6000, select 4
Follow us on Twitter @Peel_ConEd