Through the international language program, students can develop oral communication, reading and writing skills in languages other than English or French. At the secondary school level, students can earn up to 3 credits for the successful completion of international language courses.
Classes start on Saturday, September 20, 2014
Report to class at your IL site only IF:
- you pre-registered your student in April-May 2014 and completed the payment process. You will not receive a confirmation email as you have already indicated the intent to return by pre-registering your student. To verify the status of a student please login into your School-day account and review your payment receipt and take a copy of the receipt with you on the first day of classes.
- you registered your student from August 11, 2014 onward and you have received an email confirming that your student has been approved. If you have not received a confirmation email that your student has been approved please be patient as we are processing registrations daily.
NOTE: Not all locations offer credit classes. If you pre-registered for a BD0 (grade 9/10) class and the credit program is not offered at the site your student previously attended for grade 8, please contact Continuing Education at 905-890-1010, ext. 6610 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a transfer to a site offering the credit program.
E.g. grade 8 Mandarin students attending The Valleys (satellite of TL Kennedy) in 2013-2014 must select another location for credit Mandarin in 2014-2015.
What should I bring on my first day of classes?
- SK-grade 8 students who currently attend a Peel DSB day school should bring a copy of the last day school report card. JK students should bring proof of age (e.g. a copy of the birth certificate or Passport) to be handed in to the teacher or at the office.
- All students who attend schools other than Peel DSB day schools, i.e. Dufferin-Peel, nieghbouring school boards or private schools, MUST BRING proof of address and age.
- Students enrolled in CU0 and DU0 credit classes MUST BRING a transcript as proof of pre-requisite for the course.
Course dates and times
Both elementary and secondary classes run from Saturday, September 20, 2014 to Saturday, June 13, 2015. Elementary classes run for 2.5 hours each day and are scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. Secondary classes run for 3.5 hours each day and are scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. No classes are scheduled for holidays or school vacations. For a listing of non-school days, click here.
Languages and locations
For a full listing of languages and locations for 2014-2015, click here.
Grades and Ages
What grade will my child be in? Here is a listing of all grades and ages for International Languages.
Registration (Find out how to register).
You MUST register via the IL website Register link above. Do NOT go directly to School-day to register.
PLEASE NOTE: The IL administrators will start approving registrations beginning September 8, 2014. If your child(ren) is approved, you will receive a confirmation email and classes start on September 20, 2014.
100 Elm Drive West, Room 116
Adult Education Centre South
Mississauga, ON L5B 1L9
Telephone 905-890-1010, ext. 6610
Follow us on Twitter @Peel_ConEd