|Registration for International Languages 2018-2019 has now closed. Registration for 2019-2020 wil begin in late April or early May. Please watch this webpage for updates.|
ATTENTION ALL GLENHAVEN INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGES FAMILIES:
Recent concerns have prompted a change effective March 2nd to parking and school entry processes in and around Glenhaven. Namely:
- The front doors to Glenhaven Sr. P.S. will be locked, and there will be no access to the Glenhaven Sr. P.S. parking lot. (Accessible parking will still be allowed with an Accessible Parking Permit.)
- Street parking is still permitted in front of the school where signed, however it will be a longer walk to enter the side or rear of the building.
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that parents park in the Burnhamthorpe Community Centre parking lot (off Gulleden Dr.), and use the maintained path to enter at the back of the school (approx. 100 meters).
- Parents may also access limited parking at St. Sofia and enter Glenhaven Sr. P.S. from the side of the school (approx. 100 meters).
- Illegal parking / driving will be strictly enforced by Peel Regional Police and City By-law officers.
Please continue to be courteous of our neighbours by not blocking or parking in their driveways. You may wish to reference the map that was emailed via School-Day to all families for identified parking and entry routes. The address of Glenhaven Sr. P.S. is 3570 Havenwood Dr. should you wish to enter it into your own maps app.
Inclement Weather Reminders
In the event of inclement weather whereby International Languages classes need to be cancelled, administrators will notify you via School-day email by 8:00 a.m. Teachers and Instructors will NOT be communicating closure information directly to their students.
Through the International Languages Program, students can develop oral communication, reading and writing skills in languages other than English or French. At the secondary school level, students can earn up to three (3) credits for the successful completion of International Languages courses.
Course dates and times
- All classes run from Saturday, September 15, 2018 to Saturday, June 08, 2019.
- Elementary classes run from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Secondary classes run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- No classes are scheduled for holiday long weekends or school breaks. For a listing of non-school days, please click on this link: Non school days 2018-2019
- Professional Development days are provided for instructors and teachers. There are no classes on PD days. A schedule will be provided by your site administrator.
Languages and Locations
What languages are offered at which locations? Locations and Languages 2018-2019
Grades and Ages
What grade will my child be in? Grades and Ages 2018-2019
What should I bring on my first day of classes?
SK-grade 8 students who currently attend a Peel DSB day school should bring a copy of the last day school report card. JK students should bring proof of age (e.g., a copy of the birth certificate or passport) to be handed in to the teacher or at the office.
All students who attend schools other than Peel DSB day schools (e.g., Dufferin-Peel, neighbouring school boards or private schools) MUST BRING proof of address and age.
Students enrolled in CU0 and DU0 credit classes MUST BRING a transcript as proof of pre-requisite for the course. CU0 (grade 11) students MUST HAVE the grade 10 BD0 pre-requisite and DU0 (grade 12) students must have the grade 11 CU0 pre-requisite.
VISA students are required to pay $1500.00 per credit course.
100 Elm Drive West, Room 116
Adult Education Centre South
Mississauga, ON L5B 1L9
Telephone 905-890-1010, ext. 6610
Follow us on Twitter @Peel_ConEd