Adult English as a Second Language & Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada
Improving your English is the important step to success in your new country. The Peel District School Board offers English as a Second Language (ESL) and Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) programs for newcomers to Canada whose first language (or mother tongue) is not English.
The goal is to improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills to help with study, work and daily life goals.
ESL & LINC classes are offered year round. Language for Life, from beginner to advanced levels, integrates all four skill areas into each lesson. In addition, we offer a number of remedial/specialized programs:
- Listening and Speaking (beginner to advanced)
- Reading and Writing (beginner to advanced)
- TOEFL Preparation (Test of English as a Foreign Language which is used by Canadian universities and professional licensing bodies to establish proficiency in English)
- IELTS Preparation (International English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across the globe.)
- ESL with Teaching
- ESL with Computers
- ESL and Citizenship
- ESL with Business, Customer Service or Accounting
You may view the course descriptions by going to the Courses section.
Individuals registering for ESL or LINC classes must show documentation indicating their status in Canada.
Day and night classes are offered in 20-week sessions. Weekend classes are offered September to June.
As enrolment is limited, sometimes a space may not be immediately available. And, from time to time the minimum enrolment required for a class is not reached and so the course will not be offered during the upcoming session.
All sites are accessible and have free Wi-Fi access supporting our 21st learning strategies.
For more information contact the Adult Education Centres:
Mississauga - 905-270-6000, press 2
Brampton - 905-270-6000, press 2