Continuing Education Online
Learning online is an option that can suit the varied schedules, interests and strengths of students.
The Peel board offers two online learning options:
Is online learning right for me?
Successful online learners tend to be self-motivated, well-organized and responsible. Just as in a regular classroom, students work independently and in groups, interact with a teacher, and complete assignments. Students will be evaluated using a variety of assessments similar to a regular classroom, including final exams. Students enrolled in online courses are expected to complete regular individual and group assignments, and contribution frequently to online discussions. The benefits of online courses include:
- improved communication technology knowledge and skills
- enhanced time management skills
- independent learning opportunities
- access to courses free of time tabling and scheduling constraints
- access to a community of learners who also may be unable to take traditional courses
Students should complete our self-test to help determine if online learning is a good choice for them and speak to their guidance counsellor about their choice to take an online course.