Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses are offered and what are the diploma requirements?
Click Spring All Locations-courses FINAL.pdf to see a list of the current course offerings for both Mississauga and Brampton.
For course descriptions and their pre-requisites visit Chart Your Course.
To view the requirements for the Ontario secondary diploma under OSS and OSIS,
visit the Ministry of Education's website.
2. Where can I get more information about credit courses?
You can explore the pages of this site or contact us by phone, email or in person.
3. Who can attend adult credit classes?
Learners 21 years of age and older are eligible to attend day classes.
Learners 18 years of age and older are eligible to attend night classes and summer school classes.
4. When are the sessions?
There are four sessions:
Session 1: Fall (September – December)
Session 2: Winter (December – March)
Session 3: Spring (March – June)
Session 4: Summer (June/July/August - 24 classes)
5. When can I register?
Visit our registration information page.
6. How much does it cost to attend adult credit courses?
Beginning with September 2015 classes, there is a $15 Activity Fee per student per session.
In addition, there is a partially refundable deposit for textbooks and novels.
- Textbook deposits are $100 each ($95 fefundable) and novel deposits are $20 ($18 refundable) each.
- Payments for textbook can be made using debit, credit card or money order.
- No cash or personal cheques are accepted.
7. Where does credit night school take place?
Mississauga campus. View a map.
8. How can I get a transcript?
Transcripts can be ordered in advance and the cost is $10 for the first copy of a transcript, $2 for additional copies. It is the student's responsibility to forward their transcripts to the high institution they plan to attend. Please contact us to order a transcript.
9. Where can I download my Student Handbook?
AEC Student Handbook-Winter.pdf
AEC Student Handbook - Winter - Night.pdf