January 11, 2012, 6 p.m at the HJA Brown Education Centre - The ARC report and staff report was presented at the Physical Planning and Building Committee (PP&B) meeting. The committee included trustees Beryl Ford, David Green (chair), Steve Kavanagh, Harinder Malhi, Suzanne Nurse and Jeff White. Trustees who are not members of the committee were also welcome to attend PP&B meetings and vote if in attendance.
January 24, 2012, 7:30 p.m. at the HJA Brown Education Centre - The ARC report and staff report was presented at the Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees. The trustees made a decision about the recommendations.
At both meetings, members of the public were welcome to make presentations to the trustees.
For more information, download the delegation information sheet. Both meetings were held at the HJA Brown Education Centre, 5650 Hurontario St., Mississauga.
Background information about the Clarkson/Erindale Accomodation Review
- June 13, 2012 - Clarkson/Erindale Accommodation Review Implementation Plan
- Jan. 6, 2012 - Clarkson/Erindale Accommodation Review -Staff report
- Oct. 14, 2011 - Final report of the Clarkson/Erindale Accommodation Review Committee
- Oct. 12, 2011 - Accommodation Review Committee meeting -minutes
- Oct. 4, 2011 - Last public meeting - final Accommodation Review Committee recommendations, slideshow presentation, meeting minutes
- Sept. 22, 2011 -letter to parents - update on the Accommodation Review Committee recommendations
- Sept. 21, 2011 - Accommodation Review Committee meeting - minutes
- Sept. 14, 2011 - Accommodation Review Committee meeting - minutes
- June 16, 2011 - Accommodation Review Committee - minutes, Population Forecasts from the City of Mississauga
- June 7, 2011 - Third public meeting - 17 scenario options (updated June 17), evaluation checklist
- June 1, 2011 - Accommodation Review Committee - minutes
- May 25, 2011 - Accommodation Review Committee meeting - minutes
- May 19, 2011 - Second public meeting - (updated June 17) consultation material (includes scenarios developed by the Accommodation Review Committee, as well as submissions from parents and members of the community. Parents and the public will have an opportunity to provide input on the scenarios at the May 19 meeting.)
- May 12, 2011 - Accommodation Review Committee meeting - minutes
Solution creation tools - use all of the following tools together to create solutions:
- scenario builder (Excel) created by ARC member Craig Metcalfe - instructions can be found by clicking on the "Instructions" tab located at the bottom, left-hand side of the spreadsheet . To be used in conjunction with study area map
- accommodation study area map (PDF) - to be used in conjunction with scenario builder
- solution valuation checklist (Word) (PDF) - use the checklist to evaluate your created solution
- April 28, 2011 - First public meeting - slideshow presentation, minutes, public questions & board answers, public feedback
- April 6, 2011 Accomodation Review Committe meeting - minutes
- March 30, 2011 Accommodation Review Committe meeting -minutes, toolkit and questions/answers
- March 9, 2011 Accommodation Review Committee meeting - minutes andPowerPoint presentation
- Feb. 23, 2011 Accommodation Review Committee meeting - minutes
- Feb. 16, 2011 Accommodation Review Committee meeting - minutes
- Terms of reference and mandate
- Accommodation review committee members
- 10-year enrolment projections for ARC schools
- Nov. 24, 2010 letter to parents of identified schools about potential consolidation
- Map of accomoodation review area
- Questions and answers (updated June 27, 2011)
- Board report of Nov. 23, 2010 that initiated the accommodation review
- Summary of board policy and procedure about school consolidation
- Policy #45 Consolidation of School Accomodation (full policy)
- Ministry of Education review process and guidelines November 23, 2010 - Board approves schools for review, potential consolidation
In accordance with Peel board Policy #45 and Operating Procedure – Consolidation of School Accommodation, the board approved the following schools and attendance areas for an accommodation review known as the Clarkson/Erindale Accommodation Review:
In recommending this accommodation review, the prime guiding factor for the Peel board is the ability to have a positive impact on the program available to students. The mandate of the Accommodation Review Committee, therefore, is to consider the enrolment of schools and identify the creative community solutions to maximize program opportunities for students with existing resources. Generally, more students at one site provide greater options and a richer experience. As such, the key filter for the accommodation review will be the improvement of program.
Beyond the accommodation review process, the Peel board, in addition to maintaining an unwavering focus on the learning needs of students, must also consider and address these other specific program issues:
the current and future placement of programs for students with special education needs
the ongoing process to balance French immersion enrolments across sites
the opportunity to consider program options such as existing or future regional or other programs
The Accommodation Review Committee will consider a variety of options, consult with parents, students, staff and the community and present its findings and recommendations to the Physical Planning & Building Committee for receipt and then these recommendations will go to a regular meeting of the board of trustees for a final decision.
Email your question.
This webpage will continue to have the latest updates including dates, agendas and minutes of all meetings and extensive background information. You may choose to subscribe to receive email notifications of website updates. Select the Clarkson/Erindale Accommodation Review box.