The Plan for Student Success is the strategic plan for the Peel District School Board, based on extensive consultation with staff, unions and federations, trustees, faith leaders, parents and students.
The plan focuses our collective efforts to further student success, and aligns with the Ministry of Education’s goals, as well as the board’s Mission, Vision and Values. These goals, each accompanied by a descriptor and projects, interconnect to achieve our mission to inspire success, confidence and hope in each student.
Goal: High expectations for achievement
- Continue to review and implement EngageMath
- Integrate 21st Century Teaching and Learning through the vision of Empowering Modern Learners
- Develop and implement an Early Years Strategy
Goal: Parent, community and staff engagement
- Develop and act on the expanded Home School Advantage Plan and strategies
- Develop a comprehensive plan for parent involvement and communication
Goal: Equity and inclusion
Goal: Safe, positive, healthy climate/well-being
- Implement a voluntary, confidential workplace census
- Review and update the Equity and Inclusive Education Policy and The Future We Want
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to support students from marginalized communities such as black male youth, LGBTQ students, First Nation, Métis, Inuit students and students living in poverty
- Implement the Mental Health Strategy to support well-being
- Conduct a review of Special Education supports and implement recommendations