Continuing Education Hiring
NEW FOR 2016 - 2017
Job posting dates will be earlier this year. Revised timelines are as follows:
- First Consideration Teacher positions for Night School - Semester 2 will be posted in mid-November 2016;
- Administrative positions for Summer School 2017 will be posted in mid-November 2016;
- First Consideration teacher positions for Summer School 2017 will be posted in late November 2016;
- Summer School Teacher positions for Summer School 2017 will be posted in mid-January 2017.
Please check below for specific postings and dates. All job postings will be published on the Broadcast page as well.
Are you ready to be VIP - Virtually in Peel?
Interested in working for Continuing Education in the Peel District School Board? You're virtually there with the exciting new features we offer through VIP.
VIP allows teachers, secretarial/clerical/library technician staff and instructors to apply for a variety of positions with Continuing Education. For all other types of positions, go to the
Here's what you will find on VIP:
Register to get updates about our hiring and to post your resume online, where it can be viewed by Continuing Education.
View all available Continuing Education positions on our job board.
Create your own personalized job search.
Apply online to job postings with one simple click of your mouse.
Learn more about VIP in our
- Learn more about the
benefits of registering with VIP.
Technical problems accessing the site? Contact the Help Desk of our Learning Technology Support Services department Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST by calling 905-890-1010 ext. 4357 or 1-800-668-1146 ext. 4357 (in Ontario).
Check our REVISED Job Postings calendar to find out when most jobs are typically posted in VIP and find out How to register through VIP.
Night School - Semester 2
Summer School 2017
- JOB AD Summer School - First Consideration Teachers (November 21-25) - if you taught in summer school last year or were placed in a course and the course was cancelled, you must apply to this posting to retain your first consideration status for this summer
- JOB AD Summer School - Administrators and Assistant Administrators (November 14-18) - if you are applying to an administrative position please
- apply to the job posting in VIP and then
- submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- interviews will be held in early December
- Round 1 Teacher Job Postings (January 11-17) - if you are interested in teaching at summer school please apply to the job postings open during this time frame. Interviews will be held in mid-February.
Credit Teachers and Elementary Instructors open until May 2017
Elementary Turkish Instructor open Sep 7, 2016 - May 28, 2017
All Continuing Education positions within the Peel board will be posted to VIP. Applicants interested in working for the Continuing Education department in the Peel board are encouraged to check VIP frequently for new job postings.
Commitment to Equity
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests and skill demonstrations. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on holy days) if we are advised of an applicant's needs in advance of any part of the selection process.